[Wylug-help] Crunched phablet screen

Darren Menachem Drapkin darren.drapkin at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 20 18:15:23 UTC 2015

Recently, my no-name phablet got its screen broken.I was leaning against
a sofa, with the phablet in a pocket.
I have gone round shops trying to get it repaired.
Most have said that they can not do it in Leeds and are going to charge
me £100, at least, to have it repaired somewhere else. One plucky guy
broke ranks and admitted  that it was a generic part and that I could
get them online.
I have looked online and found a place that sells the part/assembly in
question for $18.00. Now  the hard bit is how to get the old screen off
and replace it with the new one. If I look up the procedure, can the
regulars show me what I am doing wrong as I do it? This will probably be
at October's meeting at the earliest,though.

--
Darren Menachem Drapkin