[Wylug-help] updating fedora 29

roger roger-b at inbox.com
Wed Dec 19 09:57:49 UTC 2018

Hi all, my system keeps (3 times I think) telling me that there are
updates available for Fedora 29 but when I've tried to get them I've
just got error messages saying some update servers cannot be found.

Am I doing something wrong or is the update system broken (temporarily I
hope)?

I've tried just following links and, I think, also tried to use the
fedup utility but the outcome has been just the same:
*** server cannot be found
or
*** server does not exist

(the exact message disappears very quickly, so I cannot remember it
accurately: is there some log file I can list to find it accurately?)

Thanks in advance,
Roger Beaumont
(in Keighley, BD21 - using TalkTalkO1F98C wi-fi and, I think, router to
connect to the internet - other functions like web browsing & email work
fine so I don't THINK the ISP is the fault)