[Wylug-help] updating fedora 29

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:03:23 UTC 2018

Hi

>> Am I doing something wrong or is the update system broken (temporarily
>> I hope)?
>>
>> I've tried just following links and, I think, also tried to use the
>> fedup utility but the outcome has been just the same:
>> *** server cannot be found
>> or
>> *** server does not exist

Strangely the Fedora 29 update broke my laptop.  Well, it's still
working but I'm going to install something like Mint or Manjaro.  Last
time I had a Fedora problem I was writing a Fedora 12 distro review for
Linux User and Developer magazine.  If you look at the Fedora users list
archive you can see a lot of stuff about this.  There is even a thread
about how to get DNF to function properly.  Or, so they claim.  I've
given up.  Try something else.  CentOS makes a nice web server.

For my part.  Being someone who uses DigitalOcean.com for a web server.
Small scale stuff. I don't have a problem.  Anything goes wrong I delete
my server and install a new one from a backup.

--
Richard

http://www.sheflug.org.uk/indexpage