[YLUG] Install day and RedHat Query : Thank you

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Fri Apr 21 09:10:46 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 17:31 +0100, Saleh Odeh wrote:

> I thought CentOS was the exact spitting image of RHEL, only without
> the paid-for support.. (and a less appealing color scheme some might
> say) :)

Thats just about it (although I'm not commenting on the colour scheme).
RHEL is a good distribution, but the required support/licensing cost is
not a good fit for many people - for example I am going to shift my home
server to Centos (to reduce the frequency of required updates) - theres
no way I am going to pay a significant per node license on that, but
otherwise RHEL is a good fit for it.
There are a few changes - up2date is replaced by yum (since you cannot
use the Red Hat Network for updates), and a set of changes for legal
reasons (removing RH artwork etc).

	Nigel.