[YLUG] Hello from a recent lurker

Simon Alman haven at thehavennet.org.uk
Fri Apr 21 10:07:07 BST 2006

Hi All

I figured it was about time I said hello as I've been lerking for just
over a month now. Since I'm both based in York and an avid linux
user/administrator it seemed to make sense to get on this list.
Hopefully I'll get chance to come to one of the meetings if/when they
happen.

I recognise a few names from various other mailing lists (particularly
exim ones) so it does indeed seem a small world.

About me;
I've around 5 years linux experience covering most of the major
distrbutions of Linux and BSD. I currently run my own hosting company
(havenhosting.co.uk) which is entirely linux based (centOS). I also work
as a linux systems administrator contractor (mostly debian systems) and
I'm a linux tinkerer/user at home (gentoo). I also run various linux
game servers (games.thehavennet.org.uk).

Right thats it really. Hello :) there done it.

Regards

Simon Alman