[YLUG] New list

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Sat Apr 22 15:25:18 BST 2006

John Spray wrote:
> I removed the clause stating that only subscribers could post, since I
> did not know if it was current.  I also removed the instructions for
> subscribing by email instead of the web interface, since I don't know
> what the address is for that.

Subscriber only posting...
Thats mostly true.  Non subscribers have their posts held for later
approval.  When I get round to it the posts get pushed into the list if
I think they are appropriate.  Spam gets silently dropped at this stage
- not yet a problem for this list, but the wylug lists get several items
per day even after the lug.org.uk spam filtering (probably nearer 50 per
list without the filtering), and this list will pick up more spam
attempts as time goes on.

Mail based subscription....

  To join send mail to
     york-join at lists.lug.org.uk
  or send a message with "subscribe" in the subject to
     york-request at lists.lug.org.uk

  To leave send mail to
     york-leave at lists.lug.org.uk
  or send a message with "unsubscribe" in the subject to
     york-request at lists.lug.org.uk

In each of these cases a confirmation request will be sent by email to
you.  Your subscribe/unsubscribe request is not acted upon until you
reply to the confirmation mail.

More information on using mailman (not something that most people want
or need to get heavily into) can be found at
  http://www.list.org/mailman-member/index.html

    Nigel.