[YLUG] LVM woes

Pete Fenelon pete at fenelon.com
Mon Jul 10 12:14:12 BST 2006

Situation: we have a Fedora Core 3 box which is, as usual for Fedora,
partitioned with an LVM group occupying most of its disc as VolGroup00.

Problem: we have another disc with a load of legacy data on it, that is
curdled kernel-wise to the point that nothing can boot off it but is
logically intact. It is, as you will have guessed, another LVM that called
itself VolGroup00 on its original machine.

We have tried following the instructions in
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8874, but when it comes to the 'vgchange
-a y Vol

I'm tempted to just tar'n'gzip the contents across the network to a
convenient bit of spare disc, reformat and nuke the drive from low orbit.

pete
--
pete at fenelon.com "There's no room for enigmas in built-up areas"