[YLUG] email problem

Liam Wilson liam.wilson at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 11 20:25:44 BST 2006

I tried this and found that I was only able to connect
if I put in the IP addresses (which I obtained with
nslookup on the same machine) directly. Otherwise I
got:

Trying 1.0.0.0...
telnet: connect to address 1.0.0.0: Connection timed
out.

I also got the same results when I tried this on my
Slackware machine on the same LAN, but I can access
the email on that machine. I also tried running
thunderbird in a virtual slackware machine on my
problem PC, and it  works fine even with the same
telnet problems.

Thanks
Liam