[YLUG] yum MySQL Administrator repository on RHEL3 ...

Craig Genner craig at tuxx.org.uk
Wed Jul 26 15:18:32 BST 2006

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 14:58, Varsani, Rajendrakumar (PSD) wrote:
> Hi Craig, thanks for the response, I think we met at the last Install
> Day.
>
> I found something similar earlier in the week but I don't know how to
> add the entry into yum.conf .. this is what I did earlier
>
> [core]
> name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - core
> baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/core
> .
> .
>

> but I get this
>
> [root at skaro linux1]# yum -y check-update
>

> Unable to find pid
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Fedora Linux 3AS - i386 - core
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 30, in ?
>     yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
>   File "/usr/share/yum/yummain.py", line 233, in main
>     clientStuff.get_package_info_from_servers(serverlist, HeaderInfo)
>   File "/usr/share/yum/clientStuff.py", line 846, in
> get_package_info_from_servers
>     progress_obj=None)
>   File "/usr/share/yum/clientStuff.py", line 1327, in grab
>     bandwidth, conf.retries, retrycodes, checkfunc)
>   File "/usr/share/yum/urlgrabber.py", line 237, in retrygrab
>     progress_obj, throttle, bandwidth)
>   File "/usr/share/yum/urlgrabber.py", line 314, in urlgrab
>     fo = urllib2.urlopen(url)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 138, in urlopen
>     return _opener.open(url, data)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 328, in open
>     '_open', req)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 307, in _call_chain
>     result = func(*args)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 482, in <lambda>
>     lambda r, proxy=url, type=type, meth=self.proxy_open: \
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 489, in proxy_open
>     if '@' in host:
> TypeError: iterable argument required
>
> What's going on?
>

> Rajendrakumar Premji Varsani BSc (Hons)

Not a clue.  I only have yum on the one box where everything is pre-configured
and I don't touch it.  You might find the following url helps, it looks like
it will set up the dag repo in yum for you.  Before you do that I would
remove all none default stuff from the yum.conf and get yum running without
errors.

http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#B2

Craig