[YLUG] Odd ALSA/kdetv sound issue

Lewis Saunders ls156 at york.ac.uk
Mon Jun 26 08:58:27 BST 2006

Anthony Edwards wrote:
> Following a recent room cleaning session when all of my computers
> had their peripherals disconnected and all computer equipment
> was temporarily moved to another room prior to being moved back
> and re-installed, sound only comes from the left hand speaker when
> watching TV using this setup.
>
> This is not a sound card nor speaker issue though; sound files played
> using XMMS are played in stereo, as is DVD playback using xine,
> so the right hand speaker hasn't failed, nor the sound card's right
> hand channel.

Maybe before you might have accidentally had the jack in the sound card
pushed in only halfway?  That would pipe the left channel to both
speakers.  Are you sure you actually had stereo sound before, or might
it just have been the same sound coming out of both speakers?

Otherwise, that's pretty weird :-)