[YLUG] Odd ALSA/kdetv sound issue

Anthony J G A Simpson babbagesmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 26 11:09:19 BST 2006

Hi
Choose your own adventure :)
1. This card connect to the sound card aux-in with a internal cable.
	In my experience the output from the card is normally responsible for
distributing the signal over both L+R channels.
Most likely cause of mono - internal cable is broken or out of place.
@vanced compters probably have a replacement if its not just loose.
If I'm wrong about the card outputing mono on both channels then you
could alway rewire the cable to both L+R pins yourself - but not fun.

2. The audio come in as a channel stream from the card.
	This would probably be a driver issue - lookup module flags you might
find a fix there.

Tony