[YLUG] Odd ALSA/kdetv sound issue

Anthony Edwards anthony at catfish.nildram.co.uk
Mon Jun 26 16:28:51 BST 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 11:09:19AM +0100, Anthony J G A Simpson wrote:
> Hi
> Choose your own adventure :)
> 1. This card connect to the sound card aux-in with a internal cable.
> 	In my experience the output from the card is normally responsible for
> distributing the signal over both L+R channels.
> Most likely cause of mono - internal cable is broken or out of place.

Mono is what I am expecting, as the WinTV PCI tuner card that I have
is a mono version,  Previously though, the mono output came from both
speakers, not just one (as it does when one plays a mono recording
using a conventional hi-fi).

The cable connecting the WinTV card and sound card is actually
external, I will experiment with that tonight to see if it is the
cause of the issue being experienced.

--
Anthony Edwards
anthony at catfish.nildram.co.uk