[YLUG] meeting times

richard rbirnie at totalise.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 22:53:38 GMT 2006

Hi folks,

The subject of meeting times came up when a few people were chatting in the
irc channel this evening. So I thought I'd sound peoples opinions by a
channel everyone should see. It has been mentioned that by always holding the
meetings on a Tuesday some people can never come because it will clash with
something else. This is going to be true for any night of the week.

Alex suggested alternating between Tuesdays and Thursdays but this is
inconvenient to remember and isn't very helpful to any new people who might
want to come along and meet us.

I'd like to suggest that we have the meetings on fixed dates each month. Say
the 7th and 21st for example. Then we could have one date for talks and one
for social. This is easy to remember and has the advantage that the actual
days would change each month so everybody should be able to come some of the
time.

What are peoples opinions?

regards,

Rich