[YLUG] Talk volunteers

Ewan Mac Mahon ewan at macmahon.me.uk
Mon Oct 2 11:45:13 BST 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 07:34:43AM +0100, Robert Hulme wrote:
> Anyone want to volunteer to give a talk?
>
> Or is there anything that people would like a talk on?

Craig Genner was/is going to do one on Nagios - last I heard he had it
almost ready and that was a while ago.

On a related note, I was wondering whether anyone would have the
interest and expertise to consider putting audio or even video of the
talks up on the wesite as well as the slides? The university lecture
theatres come with radio microphones for the induction loop system, so
it might be quite easy to get a recorder in there. We've had a few talks
in the past where the slides have only really made sense in tandem with
the commentary, and it's not been worth putting the bare slides up on
the web, which is a shame, since the talk is lost to anyone that wasn't
actually there.

Ewan