[YLUG] Talk volunteers

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Mon Oct 2 11:50:11 BST 2006

> On a related note, I was wondering whether anyone would have the
> interest and expertise to consider putting audio or even video of the
> talks up on the wesite as well as the slides? The university lecture
> theatres come with radio microphones for the induction loop system, so
> it might be quite easy to get a recorder in there. We've had a few talks
> in the past where the slides have only really made sense in tandem with
> the commentary, and it's not been worth putting the bare slides up on
> the web, which is a shame, since the talk is lost to anyone that wasn't
> actually there.
That's a really good idea.

Does anyone have a camera we could use? Then we could film the person
/ slides - although I don't know what the quality would be like.

The alternative is to record just the audio and then get someone to
sync the slides up with the audio afterwards. I have no idea how hard
to do this is (or what software one would use to do it).

"I am a strong advocate for free thought on all subjects, yet it
appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments
against christianity & theism produce hardly any effect on the public;
& freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of
men's minds, which follow[s] from the advance of science. It has,
therefore, been always my object to avoid writing on religion, & I
have confined myself to science." - Darwin

http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/