[YLUG] SCART to VGA connectors?

Simon Ward simon at principia.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 13:32:16 BST 2006

This isn't a Linux problem per se, but I'm guessing that someone on here
  might be able to help.

Now that I no longer have a TV, I'd like to watch DVDs without having to
sit in front of the computer to do it. I have a perfectly functional DVD
player and a 'spare' TFT monitor but am unsure how to connect them given
that all of the SCART->VGA cables I've seen loudly state that they're
unsuitable for connection directly to a monitor and should go to a
projector instead. I'd thought of using one of the console-orientated
VGA boxen but none of them have SCART input (even Lik-Sang drew a blank
:-( )

Has anyone here done what I'm trying to do? Buying a new TV isn't an
option (I have fundamental objections to the TV license) and buying a
projector certainly isn't (not enough money or wall space :-) )

TIA,

Simon