[YLUG] I.T. consultancies/software houses in York area?

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Tue Oct 10 18:52:31 BST 2006

>    PHP aside, I'm also trying to work out the point of Ruby - during my
> brief flirtation with it, it didn't appear to offer anything that wasn't
> already catered for by Python and Perl.
Like everything else it came about because someone (Matz) wanted to
make something of his own and didn't like what was already out there.

The Ruby-lang site has a page with the similarities and differences on:
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/documentation/ruby-from-other-languages/to-ruby-from-python/

It doesn't mention blocks though oddly... I heard that Guido was quite
enamoured by blocks so maybe they're in Python too now.

-Rob

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to
persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/