Ruby vs Python (was: Re: [YLUG] I.T. consultancies/software houses in York area?)

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Tue Oct 10 19:00:07 BST 2006

>    Although Ruby does tend to look like what you'd get if you rammed
> Python and Perl together at high speed, it's handling of object
> orientation is streets ahead of Perl 5 (whose OO capabilities I maintain
> are a horrific kludge) but not quite as nice as Python.
What about the OO in Python is superior to Ruby?

>    Then again, my language compass is spinning at high speed as a result
> of playing with C# and IronPython :-)
C# ! Eek ;-) (my work time is split 50:50 Ruby and C#)

I suppose it depends what you're doing but C# is so verbose ... I am
so much more productive in Ruby.

-Rob

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to
persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/