[YLUG] Talk volunteers

Jan Tobias Muehlberg muehlber at fh-brandenburg.de
Wed Oct 11 23:02:43 BST 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 10:24:13AM +0200, Jan Tobias Muehlberg wrote:
> As an idea from our last meeting in City Screen, I would offer to
> speak on how to secure e-mails using GPG; including the GPG smart
> card stuff.

If I got Zoe right I am supposed to present "Securing Your
E-Mail" on 17 October from 19:00 to 20:00 in G/020.

Abstract: The talk will scratch the basic principles of
cryptography. I will demonstrate in detail, how cryptographic
techniques as implemented in the GNU Privacy Guard [1] can be
used by everybody in order to secure one's personal e-mail
communication. The talk will cover the topics of key generation,
encryption and decryption, digital signatures as well as fancy
encryption hardware such as the GPG smartcard.

[1]: http://www.gnupg.org

--
"It gets worse. I have, before now, waited for a pen to perform a macro."
                                  -- Terry Pratchett in alt.fan.pratchett