[YLUG] Talk volunteers

Craig Genner craig at tuxx.org.uk
Wed Oct 11 23:26:12 BST 2006

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 23:02, Jan Tobias Muehlberg wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 10:24:13AM +0200, Jan Tobias Muehlberg wrote:
> > As an idea from our last meeting in City Screen, I would offer to
> > speak on how to secure e-mails using GPG; including the GPG smart
> > card stuff.
>
> If I got Zoe right I am supposed to present "Securing Your
> E-Mail" on 17 October from 19:00 to 20:00 in G/020.
>
> Abstract: The talk will scratch the basic principles of
> cryptography. I will demonstrate in detail, how cryptographic
> techniques as implemented in the GNU Privacy Guard [1] can be
> used by everybody in order to secure one's personal e-mail
> communication. The talk will cover the topics of key generation,
> encryption and decryption, digital signatures as well as fancy
> encryption hardware such as the GPG smartcard.
>
> [1]: http://www.gnupg.org

I also said a while back I would do a talk on Nagios.

If someone can book a room* on campus in November/December I'll do it then.
It would be helpful if the room had an internet connection (ie port 80 and
22) to demonstrate it working on a live system, but I can work around these
if not.

Thanks

Craig

*I'm not a student.