[YLUG] Vector graphics question

Grant Hill hilljg at cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Oct 12 14:31:40 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 14:03 +0100, Arthur Clune wrote:
>  Gimp doesn't do vector graphics however, so can
> anyone suggest anything?

Inkscape might be able to do this, it can certainly open wmf so it may
be able to do the closely related emf.

> so this is all new to me :) Another option might be something that
> can take .jpg/gif/whatever and vectorise it as .eps.

jpeg2eps does what it says on the tin ;-) Although it pretty much just
embeds the bitmap into a vector box.

If all these fail, I have (legitimate) access to both Illustrator and
Freehand so feel free to contact me off list.

HTH,

Grant