[YLUG] Installday publicity

Simon Ward simon at principia.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 22:10:57 BST 2006

Jan Tobias Muehlberg wrote:
> Zoe managed to make a really nice poster and send it to me a few
> hours ago. I've put it online at [1]. Please complain before
> 10:00 AM tomorrow.
   Can we do something about the 'wood panelled' YLUG logo? It looks
absolutely horrible - it may be too late to modify the posters, but
maybe someone can throw something together using GIMP for the future?

   Also worth noting that, if my memory serves me correctly (hah!),
YLUG's 6th birthday occurs around or (more likely) after the Install
Day. The first 'real' meeting took place in Goodricke Bar towards the
tail end of 2000 and I think most of the original attendees[1] are still
around, if not necessarily still working at the University.

Simon

[1] - Myself, Arthur, Roger and Ewan are the only ones I can remember
       but there were definitely others.