[YLUG] Install prerequisites

Jan Tobias Muehlberg muehlber at fh-brandenburg.de
Wed Oct 18 14:47:16 BST 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 12:13:39PM +0100, Zoe Stephenson wrote:
[practice session]
> would be either this coming Friday evening (20th October) or Sunday
> afternoon (22nd October).

I'll be available on both dates.

[publicity]
> There are poster and flyers on the wiki, ready to be printed and given
> out.  Tobias has a stash of flyers spare too.  We need to hit town over

I'll print more of them. Up to now Roger, Liam and I managed to
distribute about 200 flyers. As for the posters, Jayasooriya
Thimal and I are going to distribute them on campus in a week.
Over the weekend I'll try to get a bunch of publicity stuff to
the "local computer shops, geeky hang-outs, internet cafes".
Any additional help is welcome.

> spread publicity, do please shout.  Daily Info on campus needs looking
> at, too, and posters up on student boards need to go through student
> union channels, I think.  Is anyone in touch with other local press on
> a regular basis?

I would offer to do this but I'm definitely running out of time.
It would be better anyway, if a native speaker could put together
a few concise lines for Daily Info and the press.

J.T.

--
"It gets worse. I have, before now, waited for a pen to perform a macro."
                                  -- Terry Pratchett in alt.fan.pratchett