[YLUG] Install prerequisites

Nicholas Thomas lupine at yorkshire-pagans.org.uk
Wed Oct 18 20:55:25 BST 2006

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 17:41, Martin Leventon wrote:
> [Install media]
> I have summarised what has been written on the wiki page for the CD
> orders. It looks to me like: 87 Intel CDs from ship-it, 1 ppc CD from
> ship-it, 7 dvds(Intel?)

Erm, the 7 DVDs are actually CDs it seems ;) - my bad. They're x86. One x86_64
and one PPC as well (though I doubt we'll need them).

Just shout if you'se want any alternate install (for RAID/etc) CDs burning.

[Equipment]

I have another VGA cable if it's needed (M<->F). I've also got an 802.11b wifi
point if nobody else has anything better (I don't think it does encryption,
I've lost one of the aerials, and come to think of it - it might not even
work!)

As I understand the campus network, it's DHCP so should just automagically
work... that could do with being verified, though.

I can volunteer with installs, no problem there. I promise not to edgy
anyone's machine ;)

Practice session - Sunday /afternoon/ would be best for me - Friday is my "get
stuff sorted" day. I'm off out to Wendyhouse on the Saturday, so doubt I'll
be recovering early enough to be sane on the sunday morning!

[Software]
The Ubuntu CDs come with Windows versions of some packages on them, IIRC.

[Tables]
I've sent an email off to my manager just now, enquiring about tables... that
should get forwarded on to Jenny, so we'll see what comes of that.

xF,

...Nick