[YLUG] Re:Test/Certification centre reccomendations ?

Arthur Clune arthur at clune.org
Thu Sep 7 10:28:43 BST 2006

On 7 Sep 2006, at 10:23, Fintan Gaughan wrote:

> All interview I had was you haven't qualifications on paper but when I
> do get them and go back to same job their excuses is you are unable to
> use telephone.
> I am hard of hearing.

You've probably thought of this, but I'd try applying for public sector
jobs (Universities/Councils/Hospitals etc). They tend to have strong
anti-discrimination procedures, and do actually consider them in the
interview process (at least in my experience).

Sadly we have a recruitment freeze at the University currently so I
don't
think there'll be any jobs here for a while.

Arthur

Arthur Clune      arthur at clune.org
"Anyone who says they understand TCP/IP, doesn't" - Van Jacobsen