[YLUG] Re:Test/Certification centre reccomendations ?

Mark Snowdon mark at snowdon.org
Thu Sep 7 11:07:59 BST 2006

Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> Also not forgetting people with disabilities (like me) got no chance
> in hell of a job.
>
> All interview I had was you haven't qualifications on paper but when I
> do get them and go back to same job their excuses is you are unable to
> use telephone.
> I am hard of hearing.
>
> Fintan

Have you spoken to whoever is supposed to police the discrimination
laws?  If any company puts an excuse like that in writing it would be
time to sue.  Also copies to local papers/national press depending on
how big they are.

The only time I saw a genuine turn down on disability grounds was a
blind programmer applying for a job to develop graphics software.

Mark