[YLUG] Kunbunto

Gaffer derrick_s at tesco.net
Sat Sep 9 15:27:34 BST 2006

Hi Craig & saleh,

On Saturday 09 September 2006 15:05, Craig Genner Inscribed Thus:
> On Saturday 09 September 2006 15:01, Gaffer wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Really daft question....
> >
> > In order to edit the grub menu one has to be root !  Since Kunbunto
> > dosen't tell you what the root password is !  How do you get at
> > this/these files to edit them ?   Or did I miss something ??
>
> sudo kedit /boot/grub/menu.lst
>
> or vi, emacs, etc.
>
> Craig

Yes thats what I thought !

I tried sudo and get "Command not found" !   So I tried "su" !  When I
use the password I use for login, it tells me that its the wrong one !

Whilst I can get at the files I want from the other installed system
(SuSE)  It doesn't help someone who only has Wins and Kunbunto.  ie a
new user !

The "Help system" isn't much use either !  Being pointed to the "Man
Pages"  makes it obvious that the root password is needed !

--
Best Regards:
     Derrick.