[YLUG] Installday venue (not as planned)

Ewan Mac Mahon ewan at macmahon.me.uk
Tue Sep 26 17:16:42 BST 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 04:02:17PM +0100, Arthur Clune wrote:
> On 26 Sep 2006, at 15:43, Philip Stewart wrote:
> >L/006 has 2 network sockets, both of which are enabled and on the
> >standard bit of network for that area of campus.  Shortly one of
> >them will have a PC, and the other will have a data projector
> >connected to them.
>
> Remind me what date this is again? We'll need to change those sockets
> (or at least one of them) to be on ConfNet. I don't want various
> random PCs plugged directly into the main campus network.

What we've done before is plug the visiting machines into a NATting
linux box, which has then been in the main campus network. Is such a
setup going to work with the router plugged into ConfNet? Also; is using
ConfNet going to give us any way to offer wireless? Last year we wound
up passing a couple of ethernet pcmcia cards around for the wireless
only laptops.

Ewan