[YLUG] Installday fundraising

Alex Smith alex at alexsmith.org
Fri Sep 29 10:03:03 BST 2006

Quoting Jan Tobias Muehlberg <muehlber at fh-brandenburg.de>:

> We've been talking about five minutes time during the talk on
> Friday for a short presentation of the IEEE and perhaps some
> space for a poster on Saturday and Sunday.

Don't see why not - we need to remember to include Friday on the
publicity this
time - we left it out last year.. whoops :)

> If they are going to pay for the printing it would be fair to put
> a small IEEE logo in one of the bottom corners of our publicity
> stuff.

I don't have any objections to this - O'Reilly said they'd send over a few
things (catalogues etc) if we could display those (they are giving us free
stuff)

> btw: Do we have any graphics guys who could prepare posters? I'm
> just bad at those things but I would offer to organise the
> printing and distribution of the material.

I've got to apologise for not pushing things like this as strongly as
last year
- I've been a bit snowed under with work, and I'm trying to get what I can
done. If anyone can offer their skills (do we have the sources files from last
year?), please don't forget to update and use the wiki!
http://york.lug.org.uk/wiki

While I'm posting - can anyone think of anything we've left out? Has
anyone been
trying to get us in on the fresher's fair etc? :) Is anyone on the list
involved
in the student newsletters?

Ta,
Alex