[YLUG] Parsable Rack Diagrams

Noah Slater nslater at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 00:28:23 BST 2007

> A curious definition of mission-critical.

I would define something as mission-critical if you, your boss, your
department or your company comes under serious fire when it breaks.

Sounds like something to manage server rackspace could become fairly
mission critical in the event of a system failure.

But like I said, it's all dependant on context. I should imagine that
downtime due to some misconfiguration because rackgraph made a booboo
would be much more important if the servers belonged to a banking
institution or stock market instead of a small intranet or website...
for example.

--
"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman