[YLUG] Colour laser printing

Roger Leigh rleigh at whinlatter.ukfsn.org
Wed Aug 8 23:52:32 BST 2007

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a new printer, and I'd like a colour laser.  The main
requirement is that it has very good colour reproduction and print
quality--the main use is to print biological images (i.e. photo
quality).  I'm after a small printer, rather than a huge "workgroup"
behemoth, for use at home (I'm currently incapacitated with a broken
ankle, and can't use the work printers for work).  Economy is also a
consideration--I would prefer one which had lower running costs if
possible; some "home" lasers have rather expensive and small toner
refils.

Linux support with free drivers is obviously a requirement.  If it was
colour PostScript 3 and/or PDF capable that would be great (in fact
essential), and if it supported networked operation, that would also
be nice to have (but not essential).

Has anyone used such a system on Linux who would  recommend it?

Thanks,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh