[YLUG] Fedora as a server (was Grub)

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 12:04:14 GMT 2007

On 10/12/2007, Arthur Clune <arthur at clune.org> wrote:

> On 10 Dec 2007, at 10:53, mike cloaked wrote:
>
> > Fedora can be run perfectly well as a server provided it is kept up
> > to date
> > on security issues.
>
> Sure. But that's begging the question. Most people aren't willing to
> disturb a working server to upgrade to a whole new distro
> (and deal with the resultant breakage).

Maybe I am unusual - but the only server I run is at home - and I enjoy
keeping it up to date - it is one way of forcing me to keep on top of
changes at the bleeding edge. My wife can then run her laptop knowing that
things should be both secure and up to date. I guess because it is a hobby
rather than a job it is fun.  I suppose if you are a sysadmin looking after
many servers the situation is somewhat different!