[YLUG] Re: Talks

Matthew Bloch matthew at bytemark.co.uk
Fri Dec 28 19:57:07 GMT 2007

Alex Howells wrote:
[snip]
> Um, cool hardware projects would be neat too.  Anyone got a working
> setup with >1 tuner to record TV in Linux?  What're you using in terms
> of cards and software?  Embedded hardware like an EFIKA - anyone got
> one?  What're you using it for?

Well as soon as I can successfully buy a second TV tuner that works with
Linux, I will have!  Even at the moment my dvbgrabber script scans the
xmltv.radiotimes.com lists every so often, matches some regular
expressions and schedules recordings based on priority, with a bit of
guesswork to exclude repeats, and I've got more episodes of Never Mind
The Buzzcocks and Sign-Zone versions of Top Gear queued up than I
actually want to view, ever, as Douglas Adams said about VCRs:

"Dishwashers washed tedious dishes for you, thus saving you the bother
of washing them yourself, video recorders watched tedious television for
you, thus saving you the bother of looking at it yourself..."

If anyone wants a PCI DVB-S2, USB2 DVB-S2 or PCI DVB-T card which all
work fine with Windows please make me an offer :)

--
Matthew