[YLUG] Re: Talks

Alex Howells alex.howells at 0wn3d.us
Fri Dec 28 20:55:00 GMT 2007

On 28/12/2007, Matthew Bloch <matthew at bytemark.co.uk> wrote:
> Well as soon as I can successfully buy a second TV tuner that works with
> Linux, I will have!  Even at the moment my dvbgrabber script scans the
> xmltv.radiotimes.com lists every so often, matches some regular
> expressions and schedules recordings based on priority, with a bit of
> guesswork to exclude repeats, and I've got more episodes of Never Mind
> The Buzzcocks and Sign-Zone versions of Top Gear queued up than I
> actually want to view, ever, as Douglas Adams said about VCRs:
>
> "Dishwashers washed tedious dishes for you, thus saving you the bother
> of washing them yourself, video recorders watched tedious television for
> you, thus saving you the bother of looking at it yourself..."
>
> If anyone wants a PCI DVB-S2, USB2 DVB-S2 or PCI DVB-T card which all
> work fine with Windows please make me an offer :)

and as I once said about dodgy hardware under Linux:

"If you're not sure it works, wait for someone else to buy it and
prove it doesn't!"

Looks like you've quite the collection building up there!

Of course, the whole thing about these talks is I'll have to turn up
to listen to them :-/   Seem to keep having event clashes when socials
run on Wednesday or Saturday, or I just plain forget there's a LUG
meeting on the cards.  Perhaps it'd be possible to announce the
meeting schedule to the list, and send a reminder 24 hours before or
something??

( Not all of us have IRC or even remember to check the topic in #ylug ...... )

Would anyone interested in giving a talk have a problem with it being
recorded and distributed?