stuff (was Re: Talks (was: Re: [YLUG] A basic question))

Alex Howells alex.howells at 0wn3d.us
Fri Dec 28 20:51:05 GMT 2007

On 28/12/2007, Steve Kemp <steve at steve.org.uk> wrote:

>   After over a year of being PHP-free I've had to reinstall
>  it again.  I'm already counting the days ..

They've been promising to fix PHP since before I was born, almost!

Looking at some of the discussion about PHP 6.x though it seems
"keeping n00b developers happy" has gone out the window somewhat, and
a lot of the dangerous favourites like register_globals are
disappearing completely.

Nodoubt that'll break a lot of code, but that's a good thing. It'll
force them to stop writing shit code. Or not. :)  People are
remarkably good at finding *new* ways to do things poorly ...

Alex