[YLUG] user mode linux and slirp

Liam Wilson liam.wilson at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 13:37:42 GMT 2007

If only it were that simple! The version of slirp I
have does not allow me to set the baudrate as it is
supposed to run at the maximum possible rate.

Could this be something to do with incorrect
configuration of the network on the virtual machine?
If run ifconfig I get:
eth0      Link encap:Serial Line IP
          inet addr:10.0.2.15  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:27 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
frame:0
          TX packets:26 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:256
          RX bytes:3176 (3.1 Kb)  TX bytes:3601
(3.5Kb)
          Interrupt:5

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:4 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
frame:0
          TX packets:4 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:336 (336.0 b)  TX bytes:336 (336.0
b)
If that sheds any light?

Liam

http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/doc/Software_manuals/slirp.doc.txt)