[YLUG] user mode linux and slirp

Paul Gibbs paul-listmonkey at pacem.plus.com
Wed Jan 24 09:41:19 GMT 2007

I can tell you why it's slow (IIRC), but not how to fix it...

slirp recognises the importance of lo latency, it also knows that many
serial interfaces have large buffers and so does its own rate limiting.

I'm surprised that you get 64KB/s I'd expect it to limit by default to
64Kb/s.

Anyway you just need to find the correct parameter....
...and a quick Google says, (from
http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/doc/Software_manuals/slirp.doc.txt) to call
slirp with -b big-number-in-bits/s
Go to '8. Setting the "baudrate" Option' within that document for more
details.

Paul.<><