[YLUG] user mode linux and slirp

Liam Wilson liam.wilson at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 01:10:40 GMT 2007

Hi

The value of MTU doesn't seem to have any effect on
the upload speed, its currently set to 1500.

I did notice that if I copied several files
simultaneously from the virtual machine to the host
machine, with scp, each instance of scp recieved the
same amount of bandwidth that it would recieve if I
had run them separately. For some reason each
connection is recieving a fixed amount of bandwidth
rather than the maximum available bandwidth.

Liam

http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/doc/Software_manuals/slirp.doc.txt)