[YLUG] Upcoming stuff

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Thu Jan 25 15:40:16 GMT 2007

Hi guys,
  Here's a summary of upcoming things:

This Sunday (28th) I'll be getting together with Tobias to finally make
a start on revamping the website.  We're going for a wiki approach to
start with, just to see how well that works for us.  All your past
comments to be taken on board, email me directly with any more
suggestions and I'll also consider them and summarise to the list.

On Tuesday the 30th I'll be giving a talk at 7pm in P/L/001 in the
Physics building on getting the most out of zsh, focusing on getting
the right combination of options, variables and aliases.

We've got a social event pencilled in for the 13th of February, no
specific plans around this.

I've got one offer of a talk for the 27th of February, on small-scale
network services.  Room is booked.

I've got a room booked for another talk in March, any volounteers for
that one?  I have some people in mind, will be chasing up soon.

There's broad support at the social events for an install clinic in
February, so I'll start organising that ASAP.

Finally, I'm also organising a retrocomputing event for the 17th and
18th of March.  Nothing to do with GNU/Linux, but some of you may be
interested in seeing us back up and rescue floppy disks for Atari ST
computers and try to raise money for the students' union RAG appeal in
the process.

--
 -- zoe