[YLUG] Summer socials, other planning

Arthur Clune arthur at clune.org
Thu Jul 26 17:59:42 BST 2007

On 26 Jul 2007, at 17:39, Liam Wilson wrote:

> Still I think it's worth at least showing people both
> the main supposedly "user friendly" desktop
> environments.

This would be a bad idea IMO. The whole idea of the install day is to
introduce people new to linux to, well, linux. Asking them to decide
between two desktops is like asking a blind person their favourite
colour. Why not introduce them to RedHat, Slackware etc etc while
we're at it so they can make a decision about that as well?

Keep it simple.

Arthur

--
[The Internet] allows us to believe that we can change the world
without leaving our chairs -