[YLUG] Lynx -source with a wait

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Wed Jun 13 20:06:34 BST 2007

On 13 Jun 07, Robert Hulme (rob at robhulme.com) wrote:
> A colleague at work is having a problem and I thought maybe someone
> out there would have an idea of how to solve it.
>
> He wants to get the html of a page which is pretty easy to do in lynx
> with the -source command.
>
> What makes this more tricky is that he wants to load a page which
> refreshes once or more before displaying the actual page he wants the
> data from (it's a biological service page, you get a "Please wait
> calculating... type page first".

If he knows how the proper page is going to start he could repeatedly
fetch & pause until the right content comes back by grepping the lynx
--source output.

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve at patter.mine.nu :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: patter at jabber.earth.li
"Don't be silly, Minnie. Who'd be walking round these cliffs with a gas oven?"