[YLUG] Lynx -source with a wait

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Wed Jun 13 18:08:42 BST 2007

A colleague at work is having a problem and I thought maybe someone
out there would have an idea of how to solve it.

He wants to get the html of a page which is pretty easy to do in lynx
with the -source command.

What makes this more tricky is that he wants to load a page which
refreshes once or more before displaying the actual page he wants the
data from (it's a biological service page, you get a "Please wait
calculating... type page first".

He said it worked before but someone either changed the page or he
lost his latest script or something.

All he can remember is that it went something like:

echo "sleep 200" | lynx -exec -source ...

Possibly with other switches, or with things in a different order :-)
I have no clue about lynx so I don't know what he did before. Does
anyone out there have an idea? Or alternatively another way of doing
it (that doesn't require installing perl / mechanize / etc).

Thanks!
-Rob

--
http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/

Melchett to Baldrick: "Ready to give the French a damn good licking?"
Capt. Darling: "I believe it is the Germans that we will be licking, sir."
Melchett: "Don't be disgusting, Darling! I wouldn't lick a German if
he was coated in honey!"
-- Blackadder