[YLUG] Summer socials, other planning

Liam Wilson liam.wilson at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 24 20:18:44 BST 2007

--- Zoe Stephenson <zrs1 at york.ac.uk> wrote:

> 1: Go out drinking.  We've tried a couple of
> different bars this year,
> we could easily try a few more over the summer.
> Some suggestions that
> have come up include the Hansom Cab, Evil Eye and
> the Red Lion.  If you
> have a favourite pub and a favourite night of the
> week to go there,
> please let us know.  Being as I don't drink and I

Here's some ideas:
http://www.yorkcamra.free-online.co.uk/york2007.PDF
There's quite a few good ones on there (and the odd
crap one). Was the Red Lion suggested? I've never been
there, but it didn't look too inviting. I though Arby
suggested the Golden Lion, which I like.

> - work out what installs to focus on and get some
> practice - next
>   install clinic will likely be a good time to
> practice.

Is it going to be an all Ubuntu affair again, or are
there any other distros that would be worth offering?
The only two I use on a daily basis are
OpenSuse/Slackware.  Slackware is no good for
beginners. Opensuse has some good, user-friendly (if
annoyingly slow) configuration utilities. But I
wouldn't really recommend either.

Maybe a beginners guide to Linux introductory talk, to
go with the install day?

Liam