[YLUG] TurboGears talk rescheduled

Arthur Clune arthur at clune.org
Tue Mar 13 21:24:56 GMT 2007

On 13 Mar 2007, at 20:42, Zoe Stephenson wrote:

> Is it worth considering moving the talks schedule around again, to
> allow more people to make it to the talks?

I think the key is to get the word out early and often. I intended
to come to this talk but didn't as I ended up double booked. Obviously
that's partly my fault for not getting more organised but I didn't
realise the talk was on until I happened to look at the website
last week. If the talks were announced on the list, I missed them.

Your idea of having someone to do publicity is an excellent one -
just an email to wylug, maybe some of the campus socs is all
that's needed. Getting stuff in the various mags is nice but
probably optional.

I'm not volunteering myself though ;) Also, I'm sorry if it sounds like
I'm banging on. I'm don't want to be negative, and I know
how much work Zoe puts in but people won't can't come to talks if
they don't know they are on.

Time for someone that's not Zoe to come forward and start
drumming up the numbers!

Cheers,

Arthur

--