[YLUG] ISP Recommendations (Continued?)

Alex Smith alex at alexsmith.org
Mon Mar 19 10:22:51 GMT 2007

Hi.

Sorry.

I fail.

I want:

* Some sort of ADSL (>1.5Mbit?).
* At least 30G a month transfer (not just offpeak)
* At least 1 x Static IP
* An upload over 256kbps
* This to be cheap.

Currently paying £24.99 with PlusNet, I get 8 IPs, about 2 meg,
surprisingly good support, and enough transfer. I'd like for it to cost
less. I'm thinking maybe £14.99 a month?

I've seen similarish deals with people like Sky, but I've had bad
reports from Sky, not only because their support is based in the
Phillipenes, but because their IPs are dynamic, which isn't quite what I
want. :)

I'm sorry if I'm expecting you guys to do my work, it's more that I'm
hoping someone has been in a similar situation.

(FWIW - I've looked at ByteMark, and as wonderful as you guys sound, I
just don't have the cash to budget for a service like that, yahknow?)

Anyway - hope someone can gimme a hand.

Alex