[YLUG] Installation problems

Andrew Scaife ske1fr at googlemail.com
Mon May 21 22:07:15 BST 2007

I'm not familiar with that sound card, but if the machine is Pentium 3
age then I'd try running Ubuntu or Kubuntu or Xubuntu again, with the
"noapic nolapic acpi=off" switches in the command line, if you haven't
already.  IRQ 15 is often used for secondary drive interfacing so I'm
not surprised you have problems with your CD-ROM drive if the sound
card is trying to share it.

It might help if you check the BIOS settings - is it fixing IRQ's for
peripherals, or is it left to the OS?  I've not tried DSL but that
requires little memory - I haven't seen it so far, but how much memory
is on this machine?