[YLUG] Installation problems

Liam Wilson liam.wilson at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 08:54:11 BST 2007

--- Andrew Scaife <ske1fr at googlemail.com> wrote:

> already.  IRQ 15 is often used for secondary drive
> interfacing so I'm
> not surprised you have problems with your CD-ROM
> drive if the sound
> card is trying to share it.

Weird thing is I still get the problem when I disable
the IDE controller, but I'll give your suggestions a
go at some point, thanks. I'm going to set up ssh
access and hopefully give it another go on the install
clinic.

> peripherals, or is it left to the OS?  I've not
> tried DSL but that
> requires little memory - I haven't seen it so far,
> but how much memory
> is on this machine?

DSL is a handy little distro, I think its only 50MB or
so. I've had it running entirely from ram on a 128MB
machine. Not a problem on the machine I'm trying to
get the soundcard/cdrom working on though as it has
512MB of ram.

Thanks
Liam