[YLUG] new Linux box

Damian S Posener mail at deains.net
Sat Nov 3 10:32:40 GMT 2007

The restricted repository can be enabled through Administration ->
Software sources. It's turned off by default. Once it's enabled, you'll
need to update your repository info -- use sudo apt-get update from the
command-line. Then run restricted-manager again.

Note that 7.10's X config utility is rather bad at choosing defaults, so
you might get thrown into low-graphics mode after installing the driver.
Don't panic, just follow the instructions to reconfigure it so it works
for your monitor.

Hope this helps.