[YLUG] Convert DWF files to PDF

Nicholas Thomas nick at lupine.me.uk
Thu Nov 8 11:17:25 GMT 2007

Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> Is there any program where I can convert  dwf files into pdf's.
>
> Doing my head in at work opening each file and save to pdf..
> Although I can ssh into my home linux box I wonder if anyone have any
> ideas or do this at home doing it via command line.
> Whats is  your recommendation? I prefer to do it via command line… if possible.
>
> Funny thing is they dismiss linux as some sort of virus and they cant
> justify spending x amount of money on a converter programme when I can
> do this all day!
> but its very tedious and I don't want to get  RSI.
>
> Fintan
>
> --
Can't see anything offhand, but a quick google search reveals an "open"
(though I don't know what that means in licensing terms) C++ library for
dwf - which hardly strikes me as dismissing linux as a virus, more your
typical attempt at format lock-in - using that and $random_pdf_library,
it'd probably be a matter of a few hours to days,at most, to write a
converter. So register dwf2pdf on sourceforge and get cracking ;).

/Nick