[YLUG] Convert DWF files to PDF

john halewood john.halewood at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 02:10:37 GMT 2007

On 08/11/2007, Fintan Gaughan <fgaughan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any program where I can convert  dwf files into pdf's.
>
> Doing my head in at work opening each file and save to pdf..
> Although I can ssh into my home linux box I wonder if anyone have any
> ideas or do this at home doing it via command line.
> Whats is  your recommendation? I prefer to do it via command line… if possible.

I guess you're running M$ at work and there's a whole bunch of dwf to
pdf converters, most of which support batch conversion which seem to
vary in price between free (as in shareware) and a whole £60. Given
that, I reckon that the dwf format must be pretty well documented and
looking at autocad's website, there's API's you can download for it.
If you can knock up a dwf>pdf converter in unix, you should be able to
run it under cygwin and then you won't need to bother using ssh to
transfer the files back and forth as well, which should save you a
whole load of bandwidth (that's presuming they also allow you to
install your own programs).

cheers
john

soory about the typing, having to share keyboard on the laptop with a
cat (he typed the intelligent bits).